Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Red Apple Lipstick Swatches and Review!


(From left to right) Berry Blast, Audrey, Red! 101, Ravishing

Let's start with the ingredients! Firstly, the ingredients are listed on their site; however, not next to the lipsticks themselves. The ingredients are on a seperate page which you can reach by clicking 'ingredients' at the top of the home page at redapplelipstick.com. The ingredients are also not listed on the packaging--but this doesn't really bother me. Some companies don't even list the ingredients on the box or their site. I believe Red Apple Lipstick does this because different collections and sets have different ingredients. I am perfectly fine with all of the ingredients listed for the lipsticks.

Pigmentation you ask? The pigmentation of these lipsticks is my favorite part about them. Being mineral based, they are extremely buildable! I can wear Red! Or Ravishing in one layer for a splash of fun color without looking bold. Add another layer or two and you have instantly bumped your lips up to first class! Unlike other mineral lipsticks I've tried, the color is very even, smooth, and luxurious. I've tried others that had a grainy feel and streaky coloring. 

Lasting power? The shades last differently and also depend on whether I eat/drink. Without eating, Red! And Ravishing last about 3 hours before fading EVENLY into sort of a stain. Berry Blast and Audrey last maybe 2, but can easily be reapplied without a mirror. 

The texture is buttery smooth and glides on my lips with ease. I feel 1940's glamourous when putting them on--this is a feeling sometimes hard to find in the toxin-free community. 

These retail at $23.50 a piece, but I have not paid full price for any of mine and don't plan to. 

Which brings me to my next point! Red Apple Lipstick's Valentine's Day Sale starts tomorrow! 5% off plus an additional 15% off if you register free on their site (I did!) 

I'd like to pick up Barcelona, Coral Crush, and another I'm not sure of yet. With the buy 2, get one 1/2, plus 20% off, the lipsticks would be $16 each!

Nellie ~


No comments:

Post a Comment